Ideally suited for stocking a play kitchen or shopping cart, this cutting fruit set combines hands-on fun and unique learning with creative play. The seven included fruits (pear, orange, melon, kiwi, strawberry, banana, and lemon) can be cut up into 17 hand-painted wooden pieces using the included wooden knife, and then neatly tucked away in the sturdy storage crate. Kids can’t resist the realistic ‘crunch’ sound when the fruit is sliced!
In addition to teaching fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination, this set encourages imaginative and independent play – and even introduces the concept of fractions. A child can use the wooden knife to cut up the fruit and count all the pieces, and then you can talk together about cutting the pear, orange, strawberry, lemon, and kiwi in half; the banana in thirds; and the melon in fourths.
- Contents: 17-piece play-food set with wooden knife
- Pieces store in attractive wooden crate
- Beautifully painted pieces feature realistic details
- Self-stick tabs hold pieces together, then “slice” apart with satisfying crunch sound
- Perfect for pretend play and introducing concepts of part and whole
- Ages 3+
- Size of Wooden Crate: 29.8 x 28.3 x 5.2cm