These Jumbo Tweezers are specially designed to help children develop their motor skills, including the crucial pincer grasp that they will use to hold pens, pencils and more. A perfect skill–building resource for teachers, specialists and occupational therapists.
The tension of these Jumbo Tweezers is perfect for Grade R’s and beyond, to pick up, sort, post and have fun while the pre-handwriting and handwriting muscles that are needed to work their pencils, are getting stronger and developing as they play. These brightly coloured tweezers are perfectly designed with indentations for thumb, index and middle finger placement, so your children’s hands will get the muscle work-out that they need.
- Includes: 12 Tweezers in 6 colours (red, blue, green, yellow, orange and purple)
- Recommended for ages 5+
- Size: 15cm (L)
Tactile Skill Development: Sensory
- Great for students who are hypersensitive to textures; they can participate in tactile play using tweezers to hold and move objects. Jumbo Tweezers are ideal for special needs children, who might not be open to making physical contact with objects.
- They allow kids to use tactile sensations to explore their world, and can be used in fun learning games, like counting, sorting and grouping activities.
Fine Motor –
- Helps develop the pincer grasp and fine motor skills needed for daily living (buttoning, zipping, holding a toothbrush, and picking up finger foods).
- While students concentrate on using these tweezers, they are unaware of the inner circuitry going on. By working on grasping, picking up, and releasing with the tweezers, they are developing eye-hand coordination (visual motor integration).
- As this skill advances, students become more proficient with tasks like handwriting, drawing, and forming numbers.